Monday, June 8, 2009

Hi All,

It was an absolute pleasure to throw my two favorite lovebirds an engagement party on Friday night. Meg and Tim had a blast listening to the wonderful toasts prepared by family and friends. Kudos to all of the people who took my invite seriously and came prepared with a toast - there were some heartfelt ones, some funny ones and then there was my brothers! I have to say that I loved the poems - Brigid and Joe and My mom and Dad put some serious thought into it. I also loved Paul Cacace's - mostly because after 13 years of marriage Lisa and Paul are still one of the most fun and loving couples to be around and I loved hearing Paul talk about my BFF and how they have been successful at marriage. Auntie Jane takes the cake for "most willing to embarrass themselves" and I love her for it. Tim's mom and aunt were outright raunchy and KK was subtley raunchy. Some were pathetic - you know who you are, B, and then there was Colin. My sweet baby cousin gave a wonderful toast to his sister that was a poem that turned out sappy and funny - who knew he had it in him? There were some slackers and they know who they are so I won't name names but all in all a great effort and a wonderful night! Oh - I can't forget my husband who refused to relinquish his title as dorkiest and gave Meg and Tim toast!
The happy couple - someday Tim is going to smile when he sees my camera! I will break him!Meg and JohannaAunte Gladys, Mrs. Lawrence and my beautiful mom!My dad trying to get in every picture.The mother of the groom - they look so much alike!The mother of the bride!Funny ladies trying to avoid the double chin thing!Lisa and PaulBrothers - Ed gave a nice toast also - although, I do suspect that he wrote it at the table!Sisters!Sisters and their BFF!There's my smile from Tim!Meg and Tim with their toasts from Bob!Cake time!Meg and her Moms!

Hopefully Meg and Tim had as good a time as we did. The only thing missing was Bethie but she was there in spirit. We had tried to get this thing together while she was home but there was just no way with all of the memorial day weekend festivities and wedding business she had to attend to with Meg! My kids are still on cloud nine because Auntie Beth slept over at our house - Molly is sure she can convince her to do it again next time!

Congratulations to Meg and Tim - we are so happy for them and can not wait for October 17th!~

GNM - ILY!

No comments: